Director of Sacred Music
Immaculate Conception Catholic Church is a vibrant parish community of 1,100+ families located in beautiful Southwest Missouri. It is also home to a lovely 22 Rank, 2 Manual Schantz organ which was installed in 1981.
Our parish is seeking a strong organist with a proven choral background to serve as the Director of Sacred Music. A practicing Catholic, the Director of Sacred Music would be responsible for planning, preparing and executing music for Sunday and weekday school liturgies as well as training and instructing choirs and cantors in sacred music. A Master’s degree in Music or Liturgical Music is preferred.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Planning, preparing, and executing music for liturgies
- Saturday Vigil Mass and Sunday Masses, and any other parish liturgies which require music
- Weekday All School Masses
- Holy Days of Obligation
- Parish Penance Services
- Christmas Novena
- Parish Weddings
- Training and instruction in Sacred Music
- Training and rehearsing of cantors
- Liturgical music rehearsals with school children
- Adult Choir
- Youth Choir
- Children’s Choir
- Handbell Choir
- Collaborate with Contemporary Choir
- Preparation of daily liturgy and music sheets for School Masses (Lectionary readings, music)
The Director of Sacred Music will report directly to the pastor, Fr. Tom Kiefer. To apply, please send cover letter, Resumé and references to Fr. Tom via the form below.